ATASCII Compo Rules
- Do not break any laws like copyright, etc.
- Inappropriate entries may be disqualified or simply ignored.
- Everybody can participate.
- Upload your entries here (A link for submissions will appear on the main page in time.)
- Your entry must stay unreleased until the compo is over.
- No conversions or similar. Please provide handmade ASCII only.
- Genuine and new artworks preferred. Adaptations of old artworks, spinoffs, covers, remixes, mash-ups, etc. must be declared as such.
- It’s all about fun.
- Maximum entries per person: 5
- Submission deadline: See main page.
- Stay within the given restrictions like resolution and colours (One character per cell with background and foreground colour).
- Do not use enhanced techniques (tricks) to add more colours, pixels, animations, etc.
- We recommend to use Playscii with the ATASCII Exporter as editor
- Download and installation instructions are here
- Usage of Playscii is described here
- This year we have an anonymous sponsor for the first prize. The winner shall get 100€ from the sponsor paid onto an EU bank account or via PayPal. The winner agrees to give his IBAN / PayPal-Email for this purpose.
- From time to time I (Logiker) give some small prizes for the first place(s) as well. (Until now this happened almost always.)
- Provide following files within one zip file (do not use rar or 7z):
- File runnable with an emulator and on real machines:
- Exported .xex file obligatory
- Screenshot/preview as .png file
- Use Altirra emulator and export the screenshot/frame (View->Save frame / Alt+F10)
- Description file (name it file_id.diz or info.txt)
- Source file(s) if possible (usually a .psci file)
- Steps are not necessary but welcome
- Avoid special characters in filenames
- Name all mentioned files identically (except of the extension) if possible
- Does not count for file_id.diz obviously
.xex files can have only 8 characters, so you can name them differently (shorter) as well
- All entries, that do not apply to the rules, will be put into the Wild category
- For example, added features like:
- positioned and altered character
Template for file_id.diz (download)
<Name of Release>
Author: <Name of Author or Handle / Group>
Category: <type of release; e.g. ATASCII>
System: ATARI 800
<your description here>
<notes to the organizers>
<extended description with details about tools used, etc.>
Example for file_id.diz (download)
Author: Max / Superstars
System: ATARI 800
What a wonder
Created using Playscii with ATASCII Exporter