Tips for Playscii
Playscii is a multi purpose tool. Therefor it offers features, that you do not need and that might cause troubles. So take care about following tips!
- Do not change between charsets if possible
- Check the correct size of the canvas (40 x 25)
- Use the black/white color palette:
- Do not use the transparent color
- Sadly the screen is filled with transparent at the very beginning
- You could fill the whole screen with a base color (e.g. black background and white foreground colour)
- Playscii will not warn you if you use the wrong size or wrong colours (e.g. transparent) or wrong characters (e.g. from other charsets)
- I was told that the program does not run perfectly on Linux. Folders sometimes do not match due to the case and therefor exist twice. A symbolic link seemed to help out.
ATASCII is used within some demos. Here one pic, that shows what is possible. "Three-eyed" by selenpixelrat: