AMSCII Compo Rules
- Do not break any laws like copyright, etc.
- Inappropriate entries may be disqualified or simply ignored.
- Everybody can participate.
Send your entries as .zip file to logiker464 [at] gmail.com (see below).
- Upload your entries here
- A link for submissions will appear on the main page in time.
- Your entry must stay unreleased until the compo is over.
- No conversions or similar. Please provide handmade ASCII only.
- If there are enough entries for Mode 0 or Mode 2 there might be an own category.
- It’s all about fun.
- Maximum entries per person: 5
- Submission deadline: See main page.
- Stay within the given restrictions of AMSCII like resolution and colours (One character per cell with background and foreground colour).
- Do not use enhanced techniques (tricks) to add more colours, pixels, animations, etc.
- We recommend to use Playscii with the Amstrad ASCII Exporter as editor. In this case, you'll hardly be able to hurt any restrictions.
- Download and installation instructions are here
- Usage of Playscii is described here
- Provide the following files within one zip file:
- File runnable with an emulator and on real machines:
- Exported .bin file obligatory
- .dsk file if possible
- Screenshot/Preview as .png file
- If possible, created with a new version of CaPriCe Forever (set format to png; use F12 key to get a screenshot).
- Description file (file_id.diz = info.txt)
- Source file(s)
- Steps are not necessary but welcome
- Avoid special characters in filenames
- If possible, name all files identically (except of the extension)
- Does not count for file_id.diz obviously
- .bin files can have only 8 characters, so you can name them differently (shorter) as well
- All entries, that do not apply to the rules, will be put into the Wild category (or out of compo)
- For example, added features like:
- characters over characters ("layers")
- positioned character
Template for file_id.diz (download)
<Name of Release>
Author: <Name of Author or Handle / Group>
Category: <type of release; e.g. ASCII Art (Mode 1)>
System: Amstrad CPC
<your description here>
<notes to the organizers>
<extended description with details about tools used, etc.>
Example for file_id.diz (download)
Author: Max / Superstars
Category: ASCII Art (Mode 1)
System: Amstrad CPC
What a wonder
Created using Playscii with Amstrad ASCII Exporter