Tips for Playscii
Playscii is a multi purpose tool. Therefor it offers features, that you do not need and that might cause troubles. So take care about following tips!
- Do not change between charsets if possible
- Check the correct size of the canvas (40 x 25 for Mode 1)
- Do not use the transparent color
- Sadly the screen is filled with transparent at the very beginning
- To avoid problems you could select 4 colors and draw them on the first 4 cells (upper left corner) at the beginning; finally you can replace them again
- Moreover you could fill the whole screen with a base color (e.g. black background and white foreground colour)
- Don't use more than 4 colours (in Mode 1)
- Playscii will not warn you if you use the wrong size or wrong colours (e.g. transparent) or wrong characters (e.g. from other charsets)
- I was told that the program does not run perfectly on Linux. Folders sometimes do not match due to the case and therefor exist twice. A symbolic link seemed to help out.