ATASCII Compo Rules
- Do not break any laws like copyright, etc.
- Inappropriate entries may be disqualified or simply ignored.
- Everybody can participate.
- Send your entries as .zip file to gorgh[at]o2.pl and (to: or cc:) logiker464[ät]gmail.com (see below).
- Your entry must stay unreleased until the compo is over.
- No conversions or similar. Please provide handmade ASCII only.
- Only genuine and new artworks. No adaptions of old artworks. No covers. No remixes. No mash-ups.
- It’s all about fun.
- Maximum entries per person: 10
- The submission deadline for all entries is: 1. August 2021 (23:59 CEST)
- Stay within the given restrictions like resolution and colors (One character per cell with background and foreground colour).
- Do not use enhanced techniques (tricks) to add more colors, pixels, animations, etc.
- We recommend to use Playscii with the ATASCII Exporter as editor
- Download and installation instructions are here
- Usage of Playscii is described here
- Provide following files within one zip file (do not use rar or 7z):
- File runnable with an emulator and on real machines:
- Exported .xex file obligatory
- Preview as .png file
- Use Altirra emulator and export the screenshot/frame (View->Save frame / Alt+F10)
- Description file (name it file_id.diz or info.txt)
- Source file(s) (usually a .psci file)
- Steps are not necessary but welcome
- Avoid special characters in filenames
- Name all mentioned files identically (except of the extension) if possible
- Does not count for file_id.diz obviously
.xex files can have only 8 characters, so you can name them differently (shorter) as well
- All entries, that do not apply to the rules will be put into the Wild category
- For example added features like:
- positioned and altered character
Template for file_id.diz
<Name of Release>
Author: <Name of Author or Handle / Group>
Category: <type of release; e.g. ATASCII>
System: ATARI 800
<your description here>
<notes to the organizers>
<extended description with details about tools used, etc.>
Example for file_id.diz
Author: Max / Superstars
System: ATARI 800
What a wonder
Created using Playscii with ATASCII Exporter